I have been using NYR’s Rehydrating Rose for a few weeks now and I am very please with the product.
About the Product
Neal’s Yard Remedies or NYR was first set up in UK as Neal’s Yard Apothecary in 1981 by Romy Fraser. They launched their classic product, Frankincense & Myrrh Skin Cream (later Frankincense Nourishing Cream), which is still a favourite product today. From its website, NYR make their products with “the maximum organic, natural and wild ingredients, and carefully select other functional ingredients (detergents, emulsifiers, surfactants etc) with a view to safety, efficacy and biodegradability.” Their “entire range makes use of high quality organic plant-based ingredients, and we fully disclose our ingredient information with [their] customers, both online and, where space allows, on [their] packaging.” NYR products do not contain the following:
- No silicones – they coat skin, and impede its natural function
- No mineral oils – derived from petroleum, and have a tendency to block the skin
- No parabens – these are linked to hormonal imbalances
- No GM ingredients – not enough is known about possible long-term implications
- No phthalates – it’s reported they have toxic impact on humans and animal life
- No propylene glycol – derived from petroleum
- No animal testing – unnecessary and cruel
- No DEA – associated with known carcinogens
- No EDTA – (powerful metal chelator), and doesn’t biodegrade readily
- No acrylates – derived from petroleum
- No nano – not enough is known about its long term implications
- No BHT – linked to breathing and lung impairment
On the ingredients in Rehydrating Rose Facial Oil (marked as vegan product):
Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Corylus Avellana (Hazelnut) Seed Oil*+, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil*, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Wax, Pogostemon Cablin Leaf Oil*, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil*, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.
Using the Product
After toning your face, place 2 to 3 drops in the palms of your hands to spread before applying on your face. This helps to warm the oil to increase absorption by your skin. Spread the warmed oil on your face, always starting from the center and gently spread outwards. I usually will start from the tip of the nose and then the cheeks towards the ears. For the forehead and chin, i will place one of my warm hands with oil on either sides and apply the product before massaging in: horizontally left and right for forehead, upward motion to either side of the cheeks from the chin. As i work in air conditioned room everyday, i may take one more drop than my usual dose so that I can use the product like a mask to hydrate my skin further. If you do just like me, remember to use a tissue to dab off the excess oil on your skin before applying a light moisturizer over your face to seal in the moisture.
If you use the oil at night like me, you should find that your face brighter and more dewy in the morning. I just love this product!
Where to Buy the Product
All NYR outlets! There is only one NYR outlet in Singapore at Millenia Walk Level 1. Its a small outlet with limited products compared to the outlets in UK. Alternatively if you are into online shopping or daigou you can check out Taobao, Amazon or Qoo10 to see if anyone carries the product into your country.
Please let me know if you are currently using any of the NYR products and what you think of it! 🙂